This Oklahoma Joe Smoked Beer Cheese & Pretzels recipe is perfect for the Australian Summer, with a hint of beer in every bite.
Oklahoma Joe Smoked Beer Cheese & Pretzels
This Oklahoma Joe Smoked Beer Cheese & Pretzels recipe is the perfect finger food for the Australian Summer! A smooth smoked cheese dip with a bite, made with your favourite lager, is just right for dipping homemade soft pretzels. All the flavors come together with a hint of beer in every bite. It’s great for getting together with the guys, a quick game-day treat or something to snack on when you’re hanging out in the backyard for an all-day smoke.
1 cup warm water
3 teaspoons yeast
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups hot water
1 1/2 tablespoons baking soda
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup pretzel salt
Smoked Beer Cheese Dip
1 cup (8 ounces) cream cheese
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 teaspoons hot paprika
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/4 cups lager beer
handful oak or pecan wood chunks
1. Whisk warm water and yeast together in a medium-size bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt together. Add water and yeast mixture.
3. Stir until combined into a ball of dough.
4. Spread a handful of flour onto counter. Place dough on top of the flour and knead for 5 minutes.
5. Brush the bottom of a medium-size bowl with vegetable oil. Place dough in bowl and cover with a kitchen towel for 1 hour.
6. While the dough is rising, preheat your smoker to 225°F and toss a couple wood chunks onto the charcoal.
7. Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, paprika, garlic salt, pepper and beer in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Stir until combined and melted.
HOT TIP Allow cream cheese to reach room temperature before mixing for a smoother texture.
8. Place skillet with cheese dip onto the smoker grate and smoke for 1 hour.
9. Cut the dough in half and cut each half into 6 pieces.
10. Roll each piece of dough into a 24-inch rope. Form an upside down “U” shape. Cross one end over the other and twist the two end pieces around each other once. Then bring the end pieces to the bottom of the “U” and press to form the classic pretzel shape.
11. Whisk hot water and baking soda together in a medium-size bowl.
12. Submerge each pretzel into the solution for 10 seconds. Shake off excess liquid and arrange pretzels on a baking sheet.
13. Preheat grill to 450°F.
14. Brush pretzels with butter and sprinkle with pretzel salt.
15. Place baking sheet onto grill grate and cook for 10 minutes.
16. Remove pretzels from grill and cheese dip from smoker.
To view our range of Oklahoma Joe Smoker BBQ’s, click here
OUR PLUMBERS AND ELECTRICIANS ARE ESSENTIAL SERVICES. WE ARE HERE IF YOU NEED US!
Our sales, service and installation team are still working to assist you with your needs related to; wood heaters, gas heaters, ducted systems, split systems, servicing, installation & BBQs.
If you would like to send your enquiry through to firstname.lastname@example.org with a clear description on what you need assistance with and your contact details, we will be in touch with you as quickly as possible to help.
Alternatively, feel free to call on 5977 0899 and one of our staff members will be able to assist or take your contact details and pass on to the relevant department.
We are fully committed to assisting you in any way that we can. Please be patient as we do our best to work with you through these unprecedented times.
You can also find out more about the special measures we have introduced into the business by clicking here.